Monday Meandering

Happy Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

It’s Remembrance Day here in Canada where we take a moment on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to pause in memory of the men and women who have lost their lives in military service. (It’s not a stat holiday in Ontario so most businesses, schools etc. are open.)

Here are a few links/things that made me happy this past week or two.

1) I finally had this kid’s bathroom I designed photographed and can’t wait to share the full reveal with you. I love everything about this bathroom. (This is my IG photo not one of the professional shots.) Stay tuned!

via Decor Happy

2)  Did you read the latest issue of Lonny? I just loved the warm and vibrant living room in Rachel Bilson’s LA home.

 via Decor Happy

The expansive sectional in the most beautiful blue velvet paired with the 8’ x 4’ rustic table is just perfect. The table is made from reclaimed barn wood from an Etsy seller who I’m sure has been inundated with requests since the issue came out. Don’t you just want to curl up on the sectional and have a glass of wine with Rachel and Hayden?

Their home is designed by one of my favourite designers, LA based Kishani Perera. Love the art, the pillows, the books, the rug, the piano…this could have been a blog post all by itself. It’s all of these details that make a home come to life. Kishani also has a cool blog with informative posts like this one.

3) Another talented designer whose aesthetic is similar to Kishani’s (in my opinion) is Naomi.  Her Bachelor Pad reveal includes a thoughtful, layered living room for a father and his two boys. She mixes custom pieces with vintage and craigslist finds so effortlessly.

via Decor Happy

4) If you are in the Toronto area tonight, stop by West Elm to meet Remodelista’s Julie Carlson who will be signing copies of her new book, Remodelista: A manual for the considered home. I will be ordering a copy myself soon as it looks like it is filled with expert advice and inspiration.

Being Remembrance Day with banks closed, I’m meeting with two new clients who work for banks and have the day off! Fun!

Have a happy week!

If you require design advice, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.