Client Project: Kid’s Bath Before & After

Hey there! A couple of weeks ago, I gave a sneak peek of a kid’s bathroom that I designed. Today, I am sharing the full reveal.

via decor happy

Here is the sad Before circa 1980’s.  Everything had to go including the bulkhead:

Before

(Sorry client R – you were in the only photo I had showing the  flooring.)

And here are the Afters:

via decor happy

Because it is a long, narrow room, I thought that wallpaper and wainscoting would add visual interest. I showed the clients many options for wallpaper that would work with the black and white colour story.  I was thinking of either a shade of green or yellow so it would be fresh and we landed on this tree one. 

via decor happy

 

via decor happy

I love the lanterns from Home Depot – perfect for a kid’s bathroom. The shower curtain was the final detail that brought everything together.  It’s from Target but seems to be unavailable here in Canada. My SIL kindly bought it for me in NY.

via decor happy

And no room is complete without art, even a bathroom. These lovely prints are from this Etsy shop.

via Decor Happy

 via Decor Happy

All photos by Leah Kirin.

The team over at KCL Renovations did all the construction work.  They did an amazing  job especially with the wainscoting. I highly recommend them.

I think the bathroom turned out beautifully. Let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions.  (There is a Pin It button on the top left corner of every photo if you would like to pin!)

PS Don’t forget to enter the Minted giveaway here.

If you require design advice, please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.