And just like that…

Summer is over.

Hi all! Hope you had a relaxing (long) weekend.  I cannot believe that today is the first day back at school.  Although we had an amazing summer, the highlight being our East Coast trip, I am sad that it is over. I know a lot of Moms who couldn’t wait for their kids to be back at school – routine, structure and all. I, on the other hand, had so much fun with my girl (and her friends and cousins) and our unstructured days – sleeping in, no alarm clocks...I didn’t want it to end.  But it did and since I have oodles of work to catch up on, it’s probably a good thing.

(This is my Monday Meandering post…a day late!)

1) First of all, thank you so much for all your support and comments on my last post (and on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.) It seems like it happens a lot to other designers, unfortunately.

2) Blog Podium is less than three weeks away and I for one, can’t wait! Will you be there? If you have a ticket, then you can enter to win Tea with Sarah Richardson. How cool is that? But hurry as the contest closes tomorrow (September 4th at midnight). Go here for more details.

3) Did you move someone into university residence over the weekend?  If so, then you know that it’s sometimes tricky to personalize their dorm rooms.  My friends over at Posterjack have some great ideas including this photo clothesline using string, clothes pins and your favourite prints. Visit their site for more inspiration and photo ideas.

via Decor Happy

4) I loved Jessica Helgerson’s recent project featured here. It’s a library converted into a residence.
 via Decor Happy

via Decor Happy 
5) And did you see these spaces that Christine blogged about? I am so in love with this room:

via Decor Happy 
and this art:

via Decor Happy
The rooms are in the home of this new-to-me UK blogger who writes 47 Park Avenue.

6) I posted this photo on Instagram of my bedroom makeover in progress with new lamps from West Elm and nightstand from Geovin.

via Decor Happy 
 via Decor Happy
And then I just posted this photo of fabric for my headboard – yet to be made. I finally decided on black and white stripes as I think it will go with everything like the pillows I already have, florals etc. (And terrible Mommy, while others are posting on Instagram their kids 1st day of school pic, I’m posting a decor photo!)

7) The Princess Margaret Lottery Showhome opens this weekend in Oakville. I blogged about previous year’s here. This year Brian Gluckstein and his team designed and decorated it. It is elegant yet approachable and I can’t wait to visit it in person. Here are a few photos from their site.

PML2013e

PML2013d  via Decor Happy



via Decor Happy 
 via Decor Happy 
The home is quintessentially Brian including the books in the bathroom which he is known for!  He calls it “The ultimate entertaining home with traditional and modern elements for glamorous living.”

8) Lastly, stay tuned for a post later this week on an addition to my daughter’s room. Check one to-do off the list!

Hope all your kidlets have a great first day back at school! (for those that are back this week.)  I’m hoping to get back to more regular blogging!

If you require design advice, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.