Monday Meandering

Hello.  Happy Monday!   Wasn’t that the perfect Fall weather this weekend? (well, where I am anyway.)  Just a quick post to share what I loved last week. Am heading out shopping for the day with a client. My favourite thing to do.

1) I briefly blogged about the Princess Margaret Welcome Home  Sweepstakes Oakville home and last week I had a chance to attend a Blogger Preview. Brian Gluckstein, the designer, was there to answer all of our questions.  I loved all the attention to detail including installing electrical outlets horizontally on the baseboard.  He said his carpenters really weren’t happy with him but it’s these kinds of decisions that are not only functional but aesthetically pleasing.

 gluckstein

Have you bought your ticket yet? Go here to purchase.

2) When I pinned this months ago, I had no idea it was the home of designer Catherine Kwong. Was happy to see the rest of her home in the latest issue  of Rue.  Go here to read it.

Catherine Kwong

3) You know I am a huge West Elm fan – well, who isn’t really? They introduced some new products and I’m loving these pendants. I have already called to order a few for my hallway!

West Elm Pendant

4) This is the perfect time of year to do exterior painting – the temperature is not too hot or cold. If you are thinking of painting your exterior black, then read this.

That’s it for now friends. I’ll be back soon with a friend’s kitchen makeover!

Have a great week!

If you require design advice, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.