Client Work: Powder Room Before & After

First of all, if you are visiting for the first time via the House & Home blog, welcome!  Feel free to look around.

I have a powder room reno to share with you. This space is in the same home as the bathroom that was featured in House & Home

Vanessa Francis Design

This is what it looked like Before:

Before1

  And this is what it looks like now:

Vanessa Francis Design

Just a little better, right? :) Goodbye ugly brown wall tile, brown cabinetry and pea soup walls. (Earth tones should be banned from powder rooms (well, most rooms for that matter!))

I used one of my favourite wallpapers – Nina Campbell’s Woodsford in the light blue-green colourway. The pedestal sink is much airier than the bulky dark brown cabinetry.  The frameless mirror doesn’t overwhelm the narrow wall and meant we could install two wall sconces on either side.

This is the other side of the bathroom before:

Before2

And the After:

Vanessa Francis Design

I love the idea of wainscoting in a powder room and it is practical if installing wallpaper. The art work is from one of my favourite local artists, Janet Hill. I showed my client a few art choices and she absolutely loved this one.  Her husband had it framed and I think the chunky frame gives “Elspeth with her Turtle Dove” the presence they deserve!

Vanessa Francis Design

We continued the charcoal floor tiles into the adjoining laundry room. The laundry room received a makeover as well with new cabinetry, paint and lighting.

And one last look!

Vanessa Francis Design

All After photos by Leah Kirin.

I think the transformation is night and day. What do you think? Do you have wallpaper in your powder room? Or if you are a designer, do you recommend it to clients? PS If you hover over the image, there is a Pin It button in the top left corner to make things easier to pin!

If you require design advice, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.